How Colors Can Affect Your Mood And Attitude - An Interesting Examination
Your home is your refuge from the world, but you may be surprised to learn that the actual colors within it may be having an effect on your overall mood, attitude, and personality. While things like your day, your level of stress, and your physical health will also play into the way you feel, the colors of your walls may have a big impact as well.
It's important to note that no two people are the same. Some personalities will simply be affected by a color in a different way, and things like age or gender will also factor into it. But there are some general rules that science has found in terms of which colors will do what to a person's mood. Here's a look at some of them.
- Yellow - Yellow can often increase energy and actually boost metabolism. It also helps to brighten up a room and provide more light. But it can make some people a bit 'on-edge', too. It's worth avoiding it in a bedroom, study, or office. But for a kitchen, it's one of the best choices out there.
- Red - Red can also boost energy and help stimulate the mind. It's great for family rooms or dens, and is a great choice for dining rooms. This is especially true since it can stimulate appetite, as well.
- Blue - Blue is the most calming color you can choose. It relaxes and helps to stimulate peace, as well as helping boost overall focus. It's great for bedrooms in particular. But stick with light blue - dark blue has been shown to increase sadness and depression.
- Green - It may surprise you, but green is one of the best colors for any room in the house. It's the most restful for the eyes to see, and helps to increase relaxation and feelings of well-being.
- Orange - Orange is another choice that boosts excitement, energy, and enthusiasm. It's great for family rooms, game rooms, or exercise rooms. Avoid using it in home offices since it reduces concentration.
Painting Quick Quote